Birmingham Museums Trust are currently facing a difficult time, unable to raise their own income through the wonderful collections and experiences which they have to offer to their visitors. At the same time, the Friends are unable to produce Artefacts magazine or to organise events for members. Despite this, Birmingham Museums Trust still have a role to play, even with closed doors, and have adapted to the situation, supported local communities, and have found innovative and creative ways to continue bringing the museums to you. And the Friends have continued to work to support Birmingham Museums Trust. As a result, we still need your support and we hope to increase the offer we are able to extend to you as soon as possible!
Membership subscriptions are paid annually (NB. the second figure in each category is the concessionary rate for 60+/unwaged):
Single: £32 / £21
Double: £48 / £32
There is also the option to buy a Life membership:
Single: £500 / £350
Double: £750 / £550
For your subscription, you gain the following benefits – although a number of these are currently on hold due to the Coronavirus pandemic:
- Opportunities to join the varied programme of Friends’ activities and events, including day trips, guided tours, weekends away and evening events;
- Artefacts magazine four times a year;
- Free entry to paying exhibitions in the Gas Hall at Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery;
- Free entry to all Birmingham Museums’ Heritage Sites;
- Varied and interesting opportunities to volunteer;
- 10% discount on purchases made in Birmingham Museums Trust shops and cafes (exclusions apply);
- 10% discount at Opus Restaurant (Cornwall Street, near the Museum) on production of a valid Friends membership card. Available for lunch or dinner, 7 days a week;
- Plus discounts at the following venues (T&Cs apply):
Click here to download the application form.
Click here to download the Gift Membership application form – which includes three months free – so 15 months for the price of 12! It would make an ideal present for a friend or a relative!